A HISTORIC four-storey brick building known as Old Croft, originally built in 1888, is for sale on a freehold basis. 

The facility in Stanwix, spanning over four floors, has served as the principal administrative premises for the Carr's Group for the past 80 years. 

The 1.98 acres site is available after the renowned firm, which serves agricultural and engineering products, moved to Warwick Mill Business Centre in June this year. 

The ground floor offers four spacious reception rooms, mainly used as office and meeting room spaces, along with additional ancillary space. 

Next to the main building, a one/two-storey brick annex stands, offering more self-contained space across both the ground and first floors.

The Old Croft has currently been listed with a guide price of £850,000. 

"Old Croft is not listed but is located within the Stanwix conservation area," the listing reads. 

"The site is also scheduled as an Ancient Monument as the course of Hadrian’s Wall and Vallum is thought to run through part of the site.

"The whole site is also covered by the polices of the “Frontiers of the Roman Empire (Hadrian's Wall)” World Heritage Site buffer zone.

"The property may have development potential; however any purchaser’s development proposals would of course need to take into account securing the appropriate planning consent," the listing reads. 

This historical building, on Well Lane, bears an architectural testimony to the legacy of Carr's Group.

The business itself was founded as a bakery and biscuit factory in 1831 by Quaker businessman, Jonathan Dodgson Carr.

The biscuit factory was sold in the 1970s and Carr’s has continued in the agricultural trade ever since.

The property is currently being marketed by Carigiet Cowen. 

For more information, you can contact 01228 544733.