Cumbria kicked off the game on a wet Friday evening in Workington and within a minute were awarded the ball as Jordan Andrade incorrectly played the ball.

From this Jamie Doran was held up on the last. On the first tackle of the new set Cumbria were offside as Jamaica broke into the Cumbria half with Kyle Amor cleaning up the last tackle.

The game was then even at one penalty apiece as Tee Ritson was taken high on seven minutes, but this came to little as the second play from the penalty was two yards forward. Cumbria were made to pay for this as Halifax Panthers star James Woodburn Hall caused all sorts of issues with dancing feet and offloads as AJ Wallace went over in the far corner, the kick missing by some distance by Mo Agoro.

Cumbria came back with a bang as captain Amor barged over from dummy half on 16 minutes, Jake Carter adding the extras for an early 6-4 lead. The game then ebbed and flowed before Ashton Golding dropped a shoulder on 22 minutes and broke the line for Woodburn Hall to go 20 metres unopposed as Jamaica’s Kieran Rush slotted the first 2pts over. From the kick off Cumbria were down to 12 as Tom Walker was sin binned for a professional foul.

Jamaica were looking for a third before Greg McNally tipped the ball dead for the game’s first dropout on 28 minutes. From the dropout Cumbria defended valiantly to keep the Warriors out and were then rewarded with a penalty for offside, followed by another for a tip on Tom Walker.

Cumbria came back with a vengeance as a training-ground move came off as Ryan Johnson scored to level the game on 32 minutes. By 33 Cumbria were ahead 12-10 as Tom Walker re-entered the field from his 10 minutes in the cooler.

Perry Singleton turned on the heat in all the wrong ways as a dump tackle caused a minor disagreement as Jordan Andrade and the Whitehaven forward tested each other’s wrestling skills. On 38 minutes Jamaica forced their second drop out, this time with Tee Ritson showing off his football skills.

The Cumbrian side were penalised on the 39th minute and Kieran Rush levelled the scores at 12-12 on the half time hooter.

The second half started in blistering fashion as Bulman and Teare linked up down the wing to give the latter his first try for 18-12. McNally nearly had Ritson through as a fantastic effort from Alex Young halted the Cumbrian flyer.

Jamaica were then awarded a reliving penalty for a tip tackle. From that the Jamaicans lost the ball following a thunderous hit from Perry Singleton. Creswell caught his man high on 54 minutes as Jamaica again came away without much work to do.

Tee Ritson won the Cumbrian side a penalty as the Jamaican defender decided to tickle his ear with an open hand. Cumbria were held up on the hour as Scholey tried to crash over.

Jamaica were awarded a penalty for a high tackle on 62 minutes as another high tackle came in. Carter put a beautiful kick in that needed dealing with before the on rushing Ritson could get to it. Ritson would be denied as the express rolled on for his 32nd try of the season with a spectacular dive in the corner.

Tom Walker was held out valiantly on 69 minutes. The floodgates opened for Cumbria as Jake Carter crashed over with lovely footwork to take the score to 28-12 as he converted his own score.

GAMEBREAKER: Tee Ritson’s try on 65 minutes gave Cumbria a two score lead they never looked like surrendering.

GAMESTAR: Andrew Bulman with strength and great footwork was instrumental in a lot of the Cumbrian tries and aimed up in defence.

CUMBRIA: 1 Luke Creswell (Barrow), 2 Tee Ritson (Barrow), 3 Brett Carter Barrow), 4 Curtis Teare Whitehaven), 5 Andrew Bulman (Whitehaven), 6 Jake Carter (Barrow), 7 Ryan Johnston (Barrow), 8 Kyle Amor (Warrington), 9 Jamie Doran (Workington), 10 Brad Singleton (Wigan), 11 Ellis Gillam (Barrow), 12 Perry Singleton (Whitehaven), 13 Stevie Scholey (Workington). Subs (all used): 14 Connor Saunders (Barrow), 15 Jordan Thomson (Workington), 16 Tom Walker (Whitehaven), 17 Greg McNally (Rochdale), 18 Luke Broadbent (Whitehaven), 19 Liam McAvoy (Whitehaven).

Tries: Kyle Amor(16), Ryan Johnson (32), Curtis Teare (42), Tee Ritson (65), Jake Carter (70).

Goals: Jake Carter 4/5

Sinbin: Tom Walker (24) – professional foul.

REGGAE WARRIORS: 24 Andrew Simpson, 2 Mo Agoro, 20 Gregg Johnson, 4 Jacob Odgden, 5 Alex Young, 6 James Woodburn Hall, 7 Kieran Rush, 10 Micheal Lawrence, 12 Ashton Golding, 15 Jordan Andrade, 11 A.J Wallace, 14 Keenan Tomlinson, 3 Joe Brown. Subs (all used): 19 Brad Ho, 18 Marvin Thomson, 8 Khamesi McCane, 22 Chevaughn Bailey, 18 Abevia McDonald, 17 Arron Jones Bishop, 23 Ronaldo Wade.

Tries: AJ Wallace (12), James Woodburn Hall (23).

Goals: Keiran Rush 2/3

Penalty count: 5-7

Half-time: 12-12

Referee: James Child

Attendance: Not given.

Scoring sequence: 0-4, 6-4, 6-10,12-10,12-12; 18-12, 22-12, 28-12.

Man of the match: Luke Creswell.