Amateur rugby league was able to complete a full programme of matches at the weekend - but future games are in the hands of the Rugby Football League.

Lorraine Degraffe, the secretary of the Iggesund Cumberland ARL, said: “We are currently getting all our advice from the RFL who will make the call as to whether games are suspended, etc.”

Both the Cumberland League and the National Conference are only two weeks into the new season and both will follow the advice offered by the RFL.

One game was called off in the Premier Division of CARL but had nothing to do with the coronavirus.

Kells A should have had a game with champions Distington but were granted permission to postpone as several of their players are under 18s and were due to play in the National Cup on Sunday.

As it happened they learned on Saturday morning that their game with Folly Lane had been postponed and unfortunately it was too late to reinstate the game against Distington.

Ellenborough, who had lost to Distington on the opening day a week earlier, got off the mark with a 29-6 win at newcomers Walney.

Man of the match Stuart Tippet had scored a try for the hosts in the first-half, converted by Dave Nicholson, but that was all they could manage.

For Ellenborough, there were tries from their man of the match Luke Penrice (2), Jason Graham (2) and Jordan Ostle while Owen Hoyles supplied four goals and a field goal.

Glasson had opened their campaign with a win at Walney but they came unstuck on a second away day when they lost a good game at Wath Brow A by 26-18.

It was 8-8 at half-time, but the Hornets just had that extra edge in the second period, winning with tries from Morgan Ackerley (2), Aiden Dawson, Sam Curwen, James Harrison and Jordan Cricket with only one goal from Curwen. Luke Jeremy was named their man of the match.

The Glasson tries were scored by Dan Fryer, Gary Taylor and Keenan Winter with Winter landing three goals. Gary Tierney picked up another man of the match award.

Three games in the First Division were all well-contested affairs with victories for Seaton A, Maryport and Lowca.

Seaton A and Aspatria were locked together on 10 apiece at the break, but the hosts pulled clear in the second-half to win 26-16.

The Seaton tries were scored by Stephen Dawes, Jon Carl Bryan, Miguel Blanco Charters, Grant Reid and Jay Roach. Mark Walker booted three goals and Jack Todhunter picked-up their man of the match award.

For Aspatria there were tries for Kristian Beattie, Luke Crossman and Mark Irwin plus two goals from Luke Johnson. Richard Stamper was their man of the match.

In a town derby in which 60 points were scored Maryport had the better of it, beating neighbours Ellenborough A 38-22, although it was ten points apiece in the second-half.

Man of the match Luke Baker grabbed a hat-trick of tries for Maryport and was followed over by Jack Shepherd, Atlee Skillen, Darren Pape and Craig Foster. There were five goals from Foster.

Logan Potter had a good game for Elbra A with two tries and three goals but Phil Flavell, who was also on the score-sheet with a try picked-up their man of the match award. The third try was scored by Ross Tinkler.

Lowca are showing good early signs and they had an excellent 18-6 win at Egremont A after the sides had shared 12 points in the first-half.

Toby Corrie scored the Egremont try, while Lennox Hunter, who converted, was their man of the match.

The Lowca tries were scored by man of the match James McNally (2) and Emerson Allen with three goals from Callum Sirkett.

If the programme does continue the scheduled games are: Seaton v Walney, Glasson v Wath Brow A and Kells A v Ellenborough in the Premier League. While Division One has Hensingham A v Elbra A; Maryport v Cockermouth; Lowca v Aspatria