Carlisle United 2 Morecambe 2: Carlisle United came from two down to earn a draw against Morecambe thanks to goals from Omari Patrick and Aaron Hayden.

The Blues were adrift midway through the first half when ex-Blues striker Cole Stockton and Aaron Wildig both scored for the second-bottom visitors.

Patrick, though, got one back on the stroke of half-time, and in a better second-half Hayden headed a 65th-minute leveller.

It was United's fourth draw in five games as they moved up a place to 20th in League Two, although they are also five games without a win.

In a game played in strong winds at Brunton Park, Stockton opened the scoring in the 18th minute when the Shrimps frontman had too much space to turn and shoot low past Adam Collin after receiving the ball from Jordan Cranston.

Stockton cocked his ear to Blues supporters in the Pioneer Stand as he ran to celebrate in front of the travelling fans.

And six minutes later it got worse as United failed to deal with a corner, Collin's attempted punch fell for Stockton, and when his shot was blocked, the ball broke for Wildig who sent a left-footed volley into the top corner from outside the box.

Unchanged United struggled to create clear-cut chances from open play although they applied pressure with a series of wind-assisted set-pieces.

Nathan Thomas, their usual outlet, tested keeper Christoffer Mafoumbi early on, with Lewis Alessandra also having a chance against his former club.

Nick Anderton and Hayden then failed to convert a Watt corner from close range before Morecambe hit back after Ryan Cooney had a shot deflected wide.

After Stockton and Wildig put Derek Adams' side two ahead, Thomas's corner forced Mafoumbi to tip over.

Mafoumbi then saved from Alessandra before smothering a Thomas cross before Jon Mellish, again starting in midfield, could pounce.

Although United toiled in search of a response, they did get their goal via Patrick in the 45th minute.

The January signing from Bradford pulled one back when he received a diagonal ball from Byron Webster to the left of goal and curled a low shot in off the post.

Thomas limped off just four minutes into the second half with Harry McKirdy returning from injury to take his place.

Patrick had a shot blocked after a scramble on the hour but then Gethin Jones forced a corner which saw Watt's delivery commandingly headed home by Hayden for his second league goal of the campaign.

United were now on top and Patrick was denied by the visiting keeper from a header.

Further pressure saw Webster head over the bar before a scare at the other end saw Collin spill a shot but Mellish get back to stab the ball behind.

Ex-United winger John O'Sullivan, off the bench, had a late chance for the Shrimps when cutting in from the right, but he fired straight at Collin.

Carlisle, through Watt and McKirdy, applied more pressure to no avail before Adam Phillips fired a last-gasp free-kick over the bar after Webster had fouled Stockton.

United: Collin, G Jones, Anderton, Webster, Hayden, Mellish, M Jones (Bridge 77), Watt, Thomas (McKirdy 49), Alessandra, Patrick (Olomola 88). Not used: Gray, Iredale, Charters, Hunt.

Morecambe: Mafoumbi, Cranston, Cooney, Old, Lavelle, Diagouraga, Phillips, Wildig, Mendes-Gomes (Kenyon 81), Slew (O'Sullivan 81), Stockton. Not used: Halstead, Leitch-Smith, Brewitt, Mbulu.

Ref: Peter Wright.

Crowd: 4,679 (562 Morecambe fans).