Carlisle Villa ABC have, once again, been busy with a host of their fighters in action on the road.

On Friday, four Villa youngsters travelled to take part on Horwich ABC’s open show, before a total of three fighters from the club travelled to Altrincham to take part on Spartan ABC’s open show a day later.

First up for Carlisle Villa in Horwich was 14-year-old George Zemaititis, who faced Ambleside and Windermere’s Tarrant Davies in a skills contest.

Zemaititis showed much improvement and matched the capable Davies.

John Paul Miller was next into the ring and put in a good performance against Middleton Select’s 10-year-old Connor Harris.

Jack Lindsay, 12, was the last of the Villa fighters to be involved in a non-scoring contest, being matched against Ben Bonnar, who was also representing Middleton Select.

Lindsay worked well behind his jab, using his superior reach advantage to keep the boxing at long range for the three rounds.

The only scoring bout for the Villa then saw 11-year-old Ella Davidson take on Mia Bradshaw, of Technique ABC, in a schoolgirl contest.

Davidson started brightly and matched Bradshaw’s high tempo, as she added further shots of her own at the end of the exchange to take the first round on all judges’ scorecards.

She controlled the first-half of the second round, as well, but it was Bradshaw who finished the round the stronger of the two, landing a number of straight right hands.

That meant it all came down to the final round and Bradshaw’s pressure was relentless as she took the bout on a unanimous decision.

Full of confidence from his bout the previous evening, Miller was back in action on Saturday.

He started at a really high pace in his skills bout, showing a great variety of shots as he put in a great performance against Spartan ABC’s James Hughes.

Thomas Moore, 10, taking part in his first-ever bout, then boxed superbly against the more experienced Rocky Smith, who was also representing Spartan ABC.

Finally Villa junior David Quinn, 15, was involved in a fantastic bout against local favourite Declan Dee.

Quinn started at a cracking tempo and he never gave the vastly more experienced Dee a chance to use his silky skills. The pressure from Quinn was relentless and Dee was only able to pinch a long shot when the referee stepped in to separate the two boxers.

But it was Dee who was awarded the bout by split decision.