Seaton are showing signs of re-emerging as a strong force at this level and they were good 42-22 winners against Lowca in the Iggesund Cumberland League.

As in the previous match at Maryport, it was comfortable at half-time – 22-6 to Seaton but Lowca did a lot better in the second-half.

Jordan O’Leary was the Seaton man of the match and he scored one of the eight tries. The others went to Jordan Pritt (2), Billy Southward, Matt Dixon, Stu Gallagher, Liam Williamson and Liam Wood. Kieran Mewse kicked five goals.

For Lowca there were tries for Jordan Milburn, Paul McNally, Dave Colley and Jacob Johnston. Keith Campbell kicked three goals.

Champions Distington were clear 42-0 winners against Kells A. They had led 22-0 at half-time and were inspired by a man of the match performance from Gavin Martin. He scored three tries and kicked five goals, scoring more than half of his side’s points.

Phil Lister, Steve Clark, Jack Penrice, Kelvin Lynch and Grant Dryden scored the other tries. Cameron Taylor was named as man of the match for Kells A.

Ellenborough were looking forward to a top of the table clash with Egremont A but were disappointed to be told their opponents couldn’t raise sufficient players.

Consequently several first teamers had a run-out for the new A team at Wath Brow A but were on the wrong end of a 56-14 scoreline.

Zac Olstrum, Rhys Burr and Ryan Wilson scored the Elbra tries with Owen Hoyles kicking a goal and earning the man of the match award.

Brow had the game in their pockets at half-time with a 32-6 lead and they finished with 10 tries from Karl Dixon (4), Sam Curwen (3), Jake Pierce, Dave Bradley and Brad White. Curwen kicked eight goals. Mark Miller was Wath Brow’s man of the match.

Back in league action after two years away Maryport had opened with a win but they came unstuck in their second game, losing 40-18 to Hensingham A.

It was a tighter second half because at the interval Hensingham A had established a 26-6 lead.

Their man of the match Darren Pape, Scott Akehurst and Ethan Williams scored the Maryport tries with former Kells and Workington Town forward Dean Bragg kicking three goals.

Hensingham had Dean Laverick set off for a swinging arm but won with tries from Gary Palmer (2), Jordan Thompson (2), man of the match Dave Cartmell (2), Luke Richardson and Josh Miller. Laverick converted three and Thompson one.

Glasson got their season up and running with a 46-16 home win over Aspatria Hornets.

Matthew Johnstone (3), Kieran Hughes (2), Sean Mumberson, Matthew Burns and Keenan Winter scored the tries. Winter kicked seven goals.

The try scorers for Aspatria were Guy Reed, Scott Donald and Alex Barton. Donald kicked two goals.

In the final game Cockermouth beat Seaton A 24 – 10 after holding a narrow 12-10 interval lead.

Jack Clark helped himself to three tries and four goals yet the man of the match award went to Jordan Skillen. Sam Taylor scored the Titans other try.

Liam Bates was man of the match for Seaton A and he scored one try and also kicked a goal. Ryan Heron scored the other try.