A ‘HOSTILE’ former councillor made false calls to 999 then after being arrested said he hoped a police officer would ‘get stabbed’.

Peter Little, 39, called 999 in the early hours of January 25 and stated he was going to jump into the docks at Maryport. He refused to give his details, Workington Magistrates’ Court heard.

Pamela Fee, prosecuting, said police arrived at Maryport harbour and found Little there. The defendant didn’t identify himself to officers. He was asked if he needed any help but refused.

A brief search was then carried out before officers returned to speak to Little. He then admitted he made the call and asked if he was under arrest.

Little stated he was going home. He said he didn’t want the officers to help him and accused one of the officers of ‘picking on him’. He continued to be hostile towards officers.

The defendant then made a second 999 call and again said he was going to jump from the docks.

The same officers returned to the harbour and spent 40 minutes looking for Little. He was then seen walking away from the harbour.

He was asked why he had been ringing 999 and was arrested. He remained ‘hostile’ and said he hoped the police officer ‘got stabbed in Maryport’.

The court heard that Little had a number of previous convictions for communications offences.

Little, of Ingles Court, Maryport, pleaded guilty to sending by public communication network a false message to cause annoyance, inconvenience or anxiety.

David Martin, defending, said: “He is very sorry for wasting their time. He was feeling very low. He shouldn’t have made the second call.

“He has never had time to grieve the death of his mum. He was sitting at home, alone, looking at the walls.

“It’s a guilty plea at the first opportunity.”

Magistrates said the offence was aggravated by the defendant’s previous convictions.

He was fined £120 and ordered to pay £85 costs and a £48 victim surcharge.

Little was jailed in October 2021 after making threats towards Workington MP Mark Jenkinson and Andrew Seekings, who at the time was Allerdale Council's chief executive.

He was removed from his position as councillor for the Maryport South ward on Allerdale Council following his imprisonment.