A REGISTERED sex offender flouted a strict court order just days after it was imposed — by being at a house with a child.

Marc Moore, 35, had been sentenced at court in mid-January. This had been for attempting to engage in sexual communication with a child.

Moore was made subject to a community order which comprised rehabilitation work with the probation service. He was also made subject to the sex offender notification requirements meaning he had to keep police informed of his personal details and other information including his regular place of residence.

And Moore was also given a five-year sexual harm prevention order which imposed a number of restrictions upon him.

Carlisle Crown Court heard that one of those meant he was unable to remain in any address in which there was a child aged under-18  without the express approval from social services staff.

But prosecutor David Polglase said within 10 days of that, on January 23, he was found by an offender manager to have flouted the order, before a further breach occurred three days later.

In both cases, Moore had been at an address containing a primary school aged child.

“That was a deliberate breach,” said Mr Polglase.

Moore, of Cavendish Court, Workington, admitted twice breaching the prevention order when he appeared in the dock.

However, defence barrister Judith McCullough said there was no suggestion of any harm being caused to the child on these two occasions, nor of any wider risk.

“Marc Moore now realises that compliance with this order must be his priority. It is his responsibility to check any information he has been given,” said Ms McCullough.

Based on information provided by an adult at the property involved, Moore believed he had been cleared to attend.

But the barrister said on his behalf: “The defendant now accepts that he should have made his own checks before attending the address."

Moore was in full-time work, assisted with his mother’s daily healthcare needs and showed a real prospect of rehabilitation, added Ms McCullough.

Judge Nicholas Barker concluded that Moore should have the chance to continue rehabilitative work which had been attached to the community order imposed in mid-January.

For the two breaches, Judge Barker suspended a nine-month jail term for 18 months. He also ordered Moore to complete 120 hours’ unpaid work and pay an £800 fine.

He did tell Moore, however: “This was a clear breach of this (prevention) order and I am quite satisfied you knew it to be. The responsibility for complying with the terms of this order was yours and yours alone.”