CHILLING video recordings taken by a dangerous rapist captured his victim's plea to spare her life.

The young mum who was subjected to a "horrendous and terrifying" premeditated rape by Paul Fuller feared he would kill her and her two-year-old son.

The 37-year-old defendant from Greenhill, Brampton, was handed a 13-and-a-half year prison sentence this week for the appalling crimes he committed on July 29 last year. He pleaded guilty to two counts of rape, four sexual offences and three charges of being in possession of an offensive weapon, having initially denied all nine offences.

He threatened the woman in her own home with a meat cleaver, kitchen knives and a baton before he sexually assaulted and raped her on two occasions, filming the ordeal as her young son slept upstairs.

The court heard how he demanded she say she was a willing participant for the recording.

Prosecutor Tim Evans said Fuller filmed the woman "in an attempt to prevent her from reporting matters to others, in particular the police, or to create a false defence of consent, or in fact an unhappy combination of both."

Instead though, the four clips - along with other technological evidence - were used as a solid case against him, confirming the victim's account, and he was left with no choice but to admit to the terrifying ordeal he subjected her to.

"In the first she is asking him to promise he is not going to kill her," said Mr Evans. "She was scared for her sons life and her own."

The prosecutor said there was a plethora of aggravating factors in the case, including steps Fuller had taken to prevent her reporting the incident and how he had tried to conceal evidence, discarding the weapons he'd used, wearing gloves and taking clothes to change into following the attack.

Isla Chilton, a senior prosecutor in the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) North West Rape and Serious Sexual Assault Unit, said: "He initially denied the offences, but the CPS worked closely with the police to build a strong case against him leaving him with no other choice but to plead guilty to all nine charges.

"The prosecution evidence included CCTV of him attending and leaving the victim’s home in different outfits, text messages and video footage he had recorded whilst raping her.

"The victim has shown immense courage in coming forward and supporting the investigation and prosecution against Paul Fuller. As he begins this prison sentence, I hope that she can begin to move forward with her life in the knowledge that he has been brought to justice for his deplorable actions.”

His Honour Judge James Adkin said: "On that evening you wanted sex with her whether she consented or not.

"This was a determined, carefully planned rape."

He continued: "This was an appalling sexual ordeal which is likely to affect her for years to come.

"You made her walk around her house at knife point, including going into the room of her two-year-old sleeping child."

Fuller, who must also serve an extended five-year licence, will be on the sex offenders register for life and is subject to an indefinite restraining order, which prohibits him contacting the victim and entering the area where she lives indefinitely.