James Robinson agrees new Workington Town contract
Last updated at 12:35, Monday, 06 December 2010
Workington Town forward James Robinson has agreed a new deal to keep him at Derwent Park for another year.
The 31-year-old club stalwart has always been dedicated to the Town cause and chairman Dave Bowden said he was delighted that Robinson had agreed to stay.
“James has been at the club as long as I have,” said Bowden. “He is a great clubman, a stalwart at the club and now one of our senior players.
“He knows that, like a lot of the players, getting into the team will be harder next year than it has ever been but he is ready for the challenge.
“He is such a good clubman that he will be fighting hard for his place and it is just great to have him around.
“We know he always gives his all and we are delighted to have him back on board.”
Robinson joined Town back in 2003 coming down to help out then coach Paul Penrice when he was struggling and soon became a regular feature in the pack.
And the second rower has never looked back, earning himself a place in supporters’ hearts for his never say die attitude and enthusiasm.
Town are now close to finalising their squad for the 2011 Championship One season, although they are still on the lookout for a half-back following the news that Liam Finch will be out for up to a year with a full knee reconstruction.
And they will begin their pre-season campaign with a trip to Whitehaven on Boxing Day for the annual Ike Southward Memorial derby clash.
First published at 11:40, Monday, 06 December 2010
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Championship table 2014
- 2014 results at-a-glance
- Championship table 2013
- 2013 results at-a-glance
- Co-op Championship 1 table 2012
- Northern Rail Cup 2012
- 2012 results at-a-glance
- Co-op Championship 1 table 2011
- Northern Rail Cup 2011
- 2011 results at-a-glance
- Co-op Championship 1 table 2010
- Northern Rail Cup 2010
- 2010 results at-a-glance
- Co-op Championship 1 table 2009
- Northern Rail Cup 2009
- 2009 results at-a-glance
- 2008 results at-a-glance
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- LITTLE LISA’S BIG CHANCE
- Carlisle man jailed for pestering probation office worker
- Dad who died after attack 'not unlawfully killed'
- Ann cruises off to new life after 20 years at the helm
- MP stands by his BAE Systems Barrow ‘Bahamas’ jibe (38 comments)
- Co-op’s shoppers sharing £124,000 Christmas bonus
- Handy contacts in the travel industry
- Drivers walk for heroes
- LAP-DANCING AT TOWN NIGHTCLUB
- CID boss had spell in Northern Ireland