Three callous care assistants who meted out months of sickening abuse to vulnerable care home residents with dementia have been jailed.
- Police called to school after reports of suspicious activity
- Missing man found
- New damning report criticises failed Carlisle school
- Carlisle United hope to be in new stadium for 2018 (10 comments)
- Major changes revealed to Cumbria's hospitals (8 comments)
- Pair caught with £30,000 worth of drugs in car jailed
- Cumbrian GP to join battle against Ebola virus
A burglar who stole from a shop in his home town and tried to break into another has been spared jail.
A jealous man who suspected his partner was having an affair torched one of her Christmas cards – setting fire to the bath in the process.