A couple have admitted fraudulently claiming almost £70,000 in benefits over a four-year period.
- Carlisle man on baby death charge is father
- Carlisle landlady hid pool cue used in bar-room attack
- £1m of heroin found in car near Carlisle
- Concern for missing Cumbrian man
- Demonstration over council's plan to "sell-off" services
- Police checking on child's welfare find £28k of drugs
- Elderly Cumbrian woman dies after being hit by car
- Parents in court over Carlisle girl's truancy
- Woman kept injured dog in filthy kitchen
A talented Cumbrian footballer who was jailed for his part in a £1.3m fraud has been ordered to hand over £130,000 of his ill-gotten gains.
A businesswoman has appeared in court accused of organising a bogus raffle for a dead Cumbrian teenager’s charity fund.