Workington Reds hit by weather again
Last updated at 11:56, Monday, 31 December 2012
WORKINGTON lost their third game of the holiday programme when Saturday’s Blue Square North game at Vauxhall Motors was postponed because of a waterlogged pitch.
Last Saturday the eagerly-awaited home clash with runaway leaders Chester was called-off 80 minutes ahead of kick-off because the Borough Park pitch was considered unsafe by the referee.
Then came the Boxing Day postponement at Harrogate when the Wetherby Road pitch failed an early-morning inspection after heavy rain.
Vauxhall inspected their Rivacre Park pitch at 8.15am on Saturday and decided it was unplayable because of standing water. The games at Harrogate and Vauxhall still have to be re-arranged but Reds will host Chester on Tuesday, February 19.
Workington’s home game with Brackley, which had been postponed on December 1 because of a frozen pitch has now been rescheduled for Tuesday, March 12.
Reds hope to be able to play their first game of the holiday programme on New Year's Day when Harrogate are due to visit Borough Park (3pm).
First published at 11:30, Monday, 31 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- Conference North 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- Blue Square North 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- Blue Square North 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- Blue Square North 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- Blue Square North 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- Blue Square North 2008-09
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)