Workington Reds boss vows to bounce back from defeat
Last updated at 11:36, Friday, 16 November 2012
Workington Reds boss Darren Edmondson has vowed to bounce back from the shocking FA Trophy defeat to non-league minnows Ossett Town with a win at Worcester.
The 41-year-old has taken charge of 264 games since replacing Tommy Cassidy in September 2007, but has never felt worse than when his team was booed off the pitch following the early exit.
Tomorrow his side travel to play-off chasing Worcester City, the venue for last season’s final-day heroics, which saw Workington survive relegation with a win.
Edmondson is determined to bounce back with a win. He said: “Losing to Ossett was just horrible.
“We should never have lost to Ossett but we did and that hurts.
“I was embarrassed for myself, the players, and, most importantly, fans.
“We must bounce back with a bang. Last time we were at Worcester there were a lot of celebrations as we stayed up.
“It won’t be as dramatic this time but we have aspirations, and know that a win here would propel us further up the league.
“Ossett aside, we’ve been in great form. We won at Altrincham and beat Droylsden, as well as maintaining an unbeaten run against Gainsborough and Solihull.”
Workington will again be without Mark Boyd with the midfielder continuing to suffer from a muscle problem in his calf. David Hewson is available, despite a niggling knee injury.
Edmondson said there is no time frame on Boyd’s return, but said: “Changes will be made, but not on the back of the Ossett result.
“We don’t want to rush Mark back, and risk more damage, but David will be travelling.”
First published at 11:31, Friday, 16 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- Conference North 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- Blue Square North 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- Blue Square North 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- Blue Square North 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- Blue Square North 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- Blue Square North 2008-09
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Grange Mum, 25, dies after seizure
- Is the Government really on our side?
- Barrow AFC directors answer fans' questions (5 comments)
- Body found in woods
- Barrow's Hairy Biker married
- Grange man accused of grooming girl for sex
- Doug Scott: A man who needs to keep connecting with the outdoors
- Woman left scarred for life after being hit by bottle in Carlisle bar
- Carlisle haulier Stobart wins £25 million a year Tesco contract (5 comments)
- No title