Workington Reds boss vows to bounce back from defeat
Last updated at 11:36, Friday, 16 November 2012
Workington Reds boss Darren Edmondson has vowed to bounce back from the shocking FA Trophy defeat to non-league minnows Ossett Town with a win at Worcester.
The 41-year-old has taken charge of 264 games since replacing Tommy Cassidy in September 2007, but has never felt worse than when his team was booed off the pitch following the early exit.
Tomorrow his side travel to play-off chasing Worcester City, the venue for last season’s final-day heroics, which saw Workington survive relegation with a win.
Edmondson is determined to bounce back with a win. He said: “Losing to Ossett was just horrible.
“We should never have lost to Ossett but we did and that hurts.
“I was embarrassed for myself, the players, and, most importantly, fans.
“We must bounce back with a bang. Last time we were at Worcester there were a lot of celebrations as we stayed up.
“It won’t be as dramatic this time but we have aspirations, and know that a win here would propel us further up the league.
“Ossett aside, we’ve been in great form. We won at Altrincham and beat Droylsden, as well as maintaining an unbeaten run against Gainsborough and Solihull.”
Workington will again be without Mark Boyd with the midfielder continuing to suffer from a muscle problem in his calf. David Hewson is available, despite a niggling knee injury.
Edmondson said there is no time frame on Boyd’s return, but said: “Changes will be made, but not on the back of the Ossett result.
“We don’t want to rush Mark back, and risk more damage, but David will be travelling.”
First published at 11:31, Friday, 16 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- Conference North 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- Blue Square North 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- Blue Square North 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- Blue Square North 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- Blue Square North 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- Blue Square North 2008-09
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (40 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (36 comments)
- No easy route back to Carlisle for McDonald (13 comments)
- Call for statue to celebrate Carlisle's famous biscuit workers (19 comments)
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (101 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)
- Carlisle Utd sign deal with developer to plan new stadium (45 comments)