Romar renews Workington Reds shirt sponsor deal
Last updated at 12:13, Thursday, 28 June 2012
Workington Reds have netted a new shirt sponsorship deal with west Cumbrian firm Romar Innovate.
The Whitehaven-based industrial workwear company has been the club’s main shirt sponsor for three years, and managing director John Rowlands, a lifelong Reds fan, is delighted to stay on board for a fourth season.
Rowlands believes it will be a season of consolidation at Borough Park before the club presses ahead following a proposed ground redevelopment.
“It’s going to be a tough year,” he said. “A lot of clubs in there have invested heavily and if they maintain their status next year it will probably be a result, with a view to going forward when the new stand is built.”
Romar are long-term backers of local sport and have also been main shirts sponsors to Whitehaven and Workington Town Rugby League clubs.
The company has also sponsored Windscales AFC, Whitehaven AFC, Hensingham Rugby League and Workington Ladies, and has just announced 2012-2013 deals for Windscales AFC and Workington Ladies AFC.
Romar is in its 25th year of business and runs a charitable trust, formed in 2007, which has so far donated over £80,000 to local good causes.
First published at 11:27, Thursday, 28 June 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- Conference North 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- Blue Square North 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- Blue Square North 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- Blue Square North 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- Blue Square North 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- Blue Square North 2008-09
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (140 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (107 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (36 comments)
- Action to tackle starling problem in Carlisle city centre (26 comments)