Edmondson rues 'sloppy' goals as Workington Reds undone at Harrogate
Last updated at 12:05, Wednesday, 06 February 2013
Workington Reds boss Darren Edmondson took plenty of pluses from his side’s 3-1 defeat against Harrogate last night.
Reds conceded three goals between the 66th and 73rd minutes as Harrogate turned the game on its head.
Edmondson said: “For 65 minutes we were the best team but it was a case of us not being able to find a second goal by taking the chances that came our way. Then we allow them to score a couple of sloppy goals and suddenly from being in charge we are chasing the game. Goals build confidence and from not being particularly good Harrogate suddenly looked a side who will challenge for the top eight.
“We’ve seen this before, losing matches we should have got something from, through missing chances or conceding silly goals.
“Generally, though, I have to take satisfaction from the way we played in the first-half, and for 15 minutes in the second half. At times we were as good as I’ve seen us this season so that has to be encouraging. We’ve put together two good back-to-back performances, although we have had to settle for three points.
“There were some good performances out there. Lads who are new to the team have come in and done well. I’m sure they can only get better.”
Reds can now look forward to three successive home games – although none of them will be easy.
Oxford City, who lie in ninth, just four points off a play-off place, visit on Saturday followed by fourth-placed Altrincham and leaders Chester.
First published at 11:56, Wednesday, 06 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- Conference North 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- Blue Square North 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- Blue Square North 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- Blue Square North 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- Blue Square North 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- Blue Square North 2008-09
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Carlisle venue defends promotion of top comic's show after low turn-out (29 comments)
- Story Homes pledges to fund village school if new Carlisle estate approved (15 comments)
- Carlisle GP backs calls to legalise hard drugs (10 comments)
- Warning as 1,800 council jobs hang in the balance (83 comments)
- Parks ban would make smokers outcasts in society, says senior Carlisle councillor (13 comments)