Altrincham boss wants players to deliver result against Workington Reds
Last updated at 11:24, Friday, 15 February 2013
Altrincham are on the war path following a shock 2-0 defeat to lowly Histon on Tuesday.
Workington Reds should expect an almighty backlash from the promotion chasers when the two sides clash at Borough Park tomorrow (3pm ko).
Scorned Altincham boss Lee Sinnott was left fuming at the mid-week defeat, and pulling no punches, he raged: “I had a chat, in inverted commas, with the players after the Histon loss.
“Certain things will remain private, but as we move on and head to Workington, it will be registering with them, the way they performed, or rather didn’t.
“I hope they hurt like I did, but it’s important to remember the lessons from this.
“They are a good bunch of players, and I could tell from their faces that they want to make amends.
“You can get setbacks at any time of the season, but it is how you react that counts, and we must make sure we respond positively.”
Workington’s poor home form has seen them not win in front of the Borough Park faithful for six matches.
And fourth-placed Altrincham travel to west Cumbria with the league’s hottest property in their ranks.
Damian Reeves, the prolific striker, has 25 goals to his name this season.
Despite interest from the Football League and Scottish clubs, Reeves stuck by Altrincham after ending last term with 44 strikes.
Altrincham are one of the Blue Square Bet North’s form teams.
Sinnott’s side have won four of their last six matches, including a thumping 7-1 win over Boston.
But away from home, they haven’t won in three matches dating back to the middle of December.
First published at 11:21, Friday, 15 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- Conference North 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- Blue Square North 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- Blue Square North 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- Blue Square North 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- Blue Square North 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- Blue Square North 2008-09
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- We can blow battle for Carlisle wide open, claim UKIP (11 comments)
- Carlisle woman voted third most influential black person (6 comments)
- Family pay tribute to Carlisle railway line victim (14 comments)
- Objections raised over plans for 190 homes in Carlisle (5 comments)
- Stagecoach offers half-price deals on weekly bus tickets (17 comments)
- Debate over bonfire effigy failed to spoil Fireshow spectacular (86 comments)
- Thousands sign petition to oust hospital trust bosses (60 comments)
- On-street parking charges for Cumbria scrapped (82 comments)
- Bin spies in Carlisle branded a waste of money (28 comments)
- Cyclists opposing extended Carlisle city centre ban (62 comments)