Whitehaven star Jessie Joe: I am on my way back
Published at 10:55, Saturday, 22 December 2012
INTERNATIONAL star Jessie Joe Parker has ensured Whitehaven get the new year off to a flying start after confirming he will touch down at the club on January 10.
The centre will spend Christmas at home in Papua New Guinea before returning to the Recre three days ahead of Haven’s opening friendly against visitors Gateshead Thunder.
“Jessie has been in touch on a weekly basis and he’s really looking forward to coming back,” chief executive Barry Richardson said.
“He keeps himself fit, and all being well he will be available for the Gateshead game. At Whitehaven last season he was in the gym every day, in addition to his regular training.
“In the latter part of last season we saw how good he really was, and he’s more than capable of performing to a high standard in the Championship. We were delighted with how he progressed.
“He is experienced at international level and that will be really valuable to the team at the higher level.”
Parker scored eight tries in the last 12 games of the 2012 campaign, to help ensure the club earned promotion to the second tier.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Championship table 2013
- 2013 results at-a-glance
- Co-op Championship 1 table 2012
- Northern Rail Cup 2012
- 2012 results at-a-glance
- Co-op Championship 1 table 2011
- Northern Rail Cup 2011
- 2011 results at-a-glance
- Co-operative Championship table 2010
- Northern Rail Cup 2010
- 2010 results at-a-glance
- Co-operative Championship table 2009
- Northern Rail Cup table
- 2009 results at-a-glance
- 2008 at-a-glance
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Work starts to redevelop Carlisle Airport (35 comments)
- We can blow battle for Carlisle wide open, claim UKIP (42 comments)
- Planning go-ahead for Cumbria council's new £10m HQ (32 comments)
- I won't quit vows Cumbria council leader after parking charges climbdown (26 comments)
- New Cumbrian leisure centre delayed by finance query (15 comments)
- Debate over bonfire effigy failed to spoil Fireshow spectacular (87 comments)
- Thousands sign petition to oust hospital trust bosses (62 comments)
- On-street parking charges for Cumbria scrapped (89 comments)
- Bin spies in Carlisle branded a waste of money (30 comments)
- Cyclists opposing extended Carlisle city centre ban (62 comments)