New-look Whitehaven RL raring to go in pre-season - Woods
Last updated at 11:50, Thursday, 08 November 2012
Coach Dave Woods is hoping the new-look Whitehaven squad are ready for action when they launch pre-season training on Saturday.
The squad will meet at Lakes College for a full day together, involving fitness tests, a classroom session, a short conditioning workout and a meal.
“I’d like to think most will have done a little work,” Woods said. “If they get decent results in testing they’ll get the first week of training off, so I expect them to turn up ready to go.
“They’ve been sent a weights programme, and with not being full-time, they will have to do a bit away from the club and take some responsibility.
“But they are all really keen and excited about getting started. They know there’s a bit of competition for places, so they have to make sure they work hard.”
Fans group Trust in Haven are to hold a race night at the Recre on Friday, at 8pm, to raise money to help improve the life of stand-off Jamie Rooney’s son Brennan.
The youngster suffered brain damage after he was born nine weeks premature in 2002, and at eight months old he was diagnosed with quadriplegic cerebral palsy.
Brennan’s therapist has suggested he have an iPad to stimulate his vision and memory skills, and his family hope to purchase a specially-adapted bike to enable him to enjoy riding out and open up his life a little.
The night will include entertainment from duo Cumbria Cocktails. Admission costs £3.
First published at 11:42, Thursday, 08 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Championship table 2013
- 2013 results at-a-glance
- Co-op Championship 1 table 2012
- Northern Rail Cup 2012
- 2012 results at-a-glance
- Co-op Championship 1 table 2011
- Northern Rail Cup 2011
- 2011 results at-a-glance
- Co-operative Championship table 2010
- Northern Rail Cup 2010
- 2010 results at-a-glance
- Co-operative Championship table 2009
- Northern Rail Cup table
- 2009 results at-a-glance
- 2008 at-a-glance
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cost of on-street parking charges revealed by Cumbria council (105 comments)
- Warning as 1,800 council jobs hang in the balance (66 comments)
- Cumbria council hires PR guru - at cost of £700 a day (84 comments)
- Anger over plan to charge £20 to park outside your home in Cumbria (69 comments)
- Carlisle's The Lanes shopping centre on verge of expansion (58 comments)