Floodlights failure delays start of Whitehaven game
Last updated at 20:19, Thursday, 14 February 2013
A floodlights failure delayed the start of Whitehaven's televised home game with Leigh.
Part of the Recreation Ground was plunged into darkness and the Championship match, due to get underway at 7.30pm, did not begin until 8.15pm.
The game is being broadcast live on TV and Premier Sports has said that, despite the delay, it will stick with it.
It is not the first time Whitehaven have had lights problems.
A Northern Rail Cup tie against Halifax in March 2011 had to be abandoned after a failure in the 13th minute.
First published at 19:48, Thursday, 14 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Championship table 2013
- 2013 results at-a-glance
- Co-op Championship 1 table 2012
- Northern Rail Cup 2012
- 2012 results at-a-glance
- Co-op Championship 1 table 2011
- Northern Rail Cup 2011
- 2011 results at-a-glance
- Co-operative Championship table 2010
- Northern Rail Cup 2010
- 2010 results at-a-glance
- Co-operative Championship table 2009
- Northern Rail Cup table
- 2009 results at-a-glance
- 2008 at-a-glance
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Debate over bonfire effigy failed to spoil Fireshow spectacular (86 comments)
- Thousands sign petition to oust hospital trust bosses (59 comments)
- On-street parking charges for Cumbria scrapped (82 comments)
- Bin spies in Carlisle branded a waste of money (27 comments)
- Cyclists opposing extended Carlisle city centre ban (62 comments)