Who are they to diss the Blues?
Last updated at 12:22, Monday, 30 April 2012
Carlisle United and Workington Reds have been called many unflattering things, often by their own fans.
But while it’s fine to insult one’s own club, outsiders are not allowed the same privilege.
Australian newspaper The Fraser Coast Chronicle might bear this in mind.
This publication has come to Reiver’s attention following its focus on former Carlisle and Workington midfielder Stephen Hindmarch.
The 22-year-old, from Keswick, moved to New Zealand a year ago to pursue his career.
He has just moved to Australia and joined Sunshine Coast Fire, who play in the Queensland State League.
The article says Hindmarch ‘spent two seasons going nowhere in no-name English sides.’
Well, when you’re writing about a club with the glorious title of Sunshine Coast Fire, even Manchester United must seem like a ‘no-name’ side.
First published at 11:29, Monday, 30 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)