Moment of FA Cup zen
Last updated at 12:33, Monday, 29 November 2010
“And Carlisle United will play... Manchester United.”
That was the fantasy. Reality in the third round of the FA Cup is a 730-mile round trip to Torquay.
Reiver hopes this draw will not spark grumbles about the long journey to Devon.
Normally there would be grounds for complaint.
But this will be the seventh cup tie Carlisle have played this season, and they have been drawn at home in all the previous six.
Best to think of the Torquay trip as a bit of karma, and to concentrate on the positive side – a good chance of reaching the fourth round for the first time since 1997.
First published at 11:38, Monday, 29 November 2010
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Government backs plan to divert traffic away from Warwick Bridge (11 comments)
- A595 is Cumbria's most dangerous road, police figures show (19 comments)
- Calls for action on future of derelict Carlisle hotel (35 comments)
- Improving A66 and A69 road 'very tricky and complex' says highways boss (47 comments)
- Dogs banned from some parks and spaces in Cumbria (62 comments)
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (50 comments)
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (115 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (36 comments)
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (17 comments)
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Carlisle's Bendalls Engineering clinches big Sellafield contracts
- US billionaire buys north Cumbrian brewery
- Travelodge chain identifies Keswick for new hotel
- Accountancy giant Baker Tilly takes over Cumbrian consultancy
- Number of insolvencies down in Cumbria last year
- Cumbrian print firm's poster goes viral - but fails to attract trainees
- Ex-MP Martlew says Nestle blocked pension trustee role
- National award for Carlisle apprentice
- American-style diner opening in Workington town centre
- HMV to return to Workington (4 comments)
- Talented potters head to Cumbria for country's most prestigious show
- Child porn accusations against Carlisle man
- Brownies bang the drum at Carlisle park event
- 250 runners take part in X Border Challenge to Carlisle
- Family unhurt after car explodes into flames on busy street
- Cumbria police arrest teenagers after alleged robbery
- Teenagers admit robbery at Carlisle shop
- Minecraft exhibition success for Rheged
- Workington teen stole from dad and grandad
- Accident cleared around Penrith