Best to read the paper instead
Last updated at 12:57, Monday, 19 March 2012
Thousands of people emerge from trains at Carlisle station ready to savour all that the Border City has to offer.
And if they take a look at this notice, they could be forgiven for turning around and getting on the next train out of town.
The photograph was taken by a reader who was rather bemused by what it implies about Carlisle.
‘What’s going on in and around Carlisle?’
The answer is fairly damning.
A large empty space. Zero. Zilch. Nil. Not a sausage.
Of course there’s plenty going on.
JLS are the latest of many big-name acts to be playing in the city this year.
And if you want a round-up that’s a bit more comprehensive than the station notice, you’ll find it in the News & Star’s daily events guide, The List.
First published at 11:28, Monday, 19 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Government backs plan to divert traffic away from Warwick Bridge (19 comments)
- A595 is Cumbria's most dangerous road, police figures show (28 comments)
- Calls for action on future of derelict Carlisle hotel (35 comments)
- Improving A66 and A69 road 'very tricky and complex' says highways boss (48 comments)
- Dogs banned from some parks and spaces in Cumbria (62 comments)
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (50 comments)
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (116 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (36 comments)
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (17 comments)