Village life is so much fun
Last updated at 12:31, Thursday, 07 July 2011
A slight indulgence here, but I’d just like to say a massive thankyou to everyone who organised and took part in the Ireby sports day and festival last weekend.
It was a glorious day, full of laughs, minor disasters (the wheel fell of Fred Flintstone’s ‘car’) and of course controversy (whaddayamean I didn’t win the father’s race!?).
There was plenty of sporting heroics from the nursery class egg and spooners, the infants fell race and the ‘big boys’ fell race.
But a special thanks has to go to the team responsible for the caking, baking, buttering and making of the always magnificent tea.
It was a superb day, the weather helped, but the best part was that so many people made an effort to take part.
The truly great thing is that this sort of day will be repeated across Cumbria as villages and communities come together to have a laugh and some fun.
Long may it all continue.
First published at 11:28, Thursday, 07 July 2011
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian bride wins wedding dress battle after death of fiance (2 comments)
- Grey squirrel cull plan in Cumbria
- Drop in pupils offered first choice secondary places in Cumbria (1 comment)
- Barriers going up to keep travellers off Carlisle park
- Carlisle bucks national shopping trend (7 comments)
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (69 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (5 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (31 comments)
|NEWS & STAR ON:|