Cumbria police make arrest in park sex attack inquiry
Last updated at 08:32, Thursday, 28 August 2014
Police investigating a sex attack on a nine-year-old girl have made an arrest.
Detectives in Workington have arrested a 26-year-old local man.
He is being questioned at the town's police station.
Officers were called to the cafe in Vulcan Park, Workington, at 5.35pm on Tuesday after a report the youngster had been attacked.
Detective Chief Inspector Mike Brown said they had launched an investigation into a serious sexual assault.
Police issued a description of a man seen leaving the area and urged anyone who may have seen him to contact them.
Anyone with information about the incident should call 101, go to Workington police station or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
First published at 08:23, Thursday, 28 August 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|