Woman sexually assaulted near Cumbrian hospital
Last updated at 11:53, Saturday, 01 December 2012
A 31-year-old woman was sexually assaulted near Workington Hospital.
Police cordoned off Vulcan Park after the attack, which happened at 11pm on Wednesday.
Forensics officers searched the area where the woman was attacked after the incident was reported to them on Thursday morning.
Detective Sergeant Ralph Henderson said the attack occurred in a public place and appealed for anyone who may have seen or heard anything to get in touch.
“Local residents or someone who was passing in the area may have seen or heard something,” he said. “This is an isolated incident which we are investigating.
"We always advise the public to take care when they are out and about – make sure someone knows where you are and what time to expect you home, our personal safety campaign has been launched with some good advice in relation to your own personal safety.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Workington CID on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
First published at 11:35, Saturday, 01 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle McVitie's staff reject changes to working conditions (63 comments)
- Starlings in Carlisle city centre causing major problems (50 comments)
- 15 people transferred after major incident at north Cumbrian hospitals (99 comments)
- Woods used by 'unsavoury' men for sex chopped down (91 comments)
- Carlisle residents vow to nab speeding drivers (38 comments)
- Unpaid overtime at Cumbrian hospitals rockets (22 comments)
- St Bees School to close (134 comments)
- Battle to recover £500,000 in unpaid council tax in Carlisle (22 comments)
- Row after Cumbrian school refuses to host nuclear meeting (47 comments)
- Carlisle wine shop to close (28 comments)
- Anger over new LED street lighting in Carlisle (59 comments)
Court & crime
- Laying charges at hospital doors (2 comments)
- Looks like Yorkshire made a mi-steak with Jeremy Clarkson (4 comments)
- It’s just the ticket (2 comments)
- Why Brampton-on-Sea doesn’t float my boat
- More Anne Pickles