Woman's body found in Cumbrian woodland
Published at 11:59, Saturday, 05 January 2013
The body of a woman has been discovered in an area of woodland in Cumbria.
Cumbria police confirmed that the body was recovered from an area near the Castle Green Hotel in Kendal at around 10pm on Friday night.
Officers are investigating the circumstances surrounding the death, but are not treating it as suspicious at this time.
More information will be released once a formal identification has been made and the family of the woman informed.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|