Woman's body found in Cumbrian woodland
Published at 11:59, Saturday, 05 January 2013
The body of a woman has been discovered in an area of woodland in Cumbria.
Cumbria police confirmed that the body was recovered from an area near the Castle Green Hotel in Kendal at around 10pm on Friday night.
Officers are investigating the circumstances surrounding the death, but are not treating it as suspicious at this time.
More information will be released once a formal identification has been made and the family of the woman informed.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Government backs plan to divert traffic away from Warwick Bridge (26 comments)
- A595 is Cumbria's most dangerous road, police figures show (29 comments)
- Calls for action on future of derelict Carlisle hotel (38 comments)
- Improving A66 and A69 road 'very tricky and complex' says highways boss (48 comments)
- Dogs banned from some parks and spaces in Cumbria (62 comments)
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (50 comments)
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (116 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (36 comments)
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (17 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Barrow woman jailed after starving four cats to death (32 comments)
- Lake District hotel in £2.5m revamp
- Horses need help
- Funding for Cumbria wide CCTV system secured (1 comment)
- Family and friends pay tribute to man found dead in Windermere
- Knife-point rapist jailed for seven years for chilling Cumbrian attack
- Rebecca Carter and Richard Graham
- Win a food hamper worth £50 from M&S Barrow
- Doc’s ‘staff conspiracy’ claim at medical tribunal
- Last panto at Millom’s Palladium