West Cumbrian woman charged with stealing from employers
Last updated at 13:09, Friday, 07 December 2012
A 45-year-old woman has been charged with stealing nearly £21,000 from her employer.
Lynda Addison, of The Green, Lamplugh, appeared before magistrates in Carlisle to face three counts of theft and five of fraud by abuse of position.
She is accused of theft of £14,988 in cash between April 2010 and November 2011, and of stealing six canvasses, worth £90, a gold lighter and four pens from Gary Winter’s shop in Silloth.
Addison’s fraud charges, alleged to have occurred during the same time, are that she topped up a gas account to the value of £31,085, topped up a mobile phone by using a Payzone machine with £630 of credit, used a Payzone machine to pay a £238 water account, and paid rent to Home Group of £1,987. The fifth fraud alleges she paid an electricity account to the tune of £1,070.
The case was adjourned to the crown court on January 3.
First published at 13:08, Friday, 07 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)