West Cumbrian man cleared of child sex charges
Published at 08:28, Monday, 09 June 2014
A man has been cleared of having unlawful sex with two under-age schoolgirls.
Kyle Barlow, of Washington Street, Workington, was found not guilty of 10 charges of sexual activity with children following a trial at Carlisle Crown Court.
He was also cleared of charges of threatening to destroy property and committing an act of indecent exposure.
But Barlow, 23, was handed a 12-month community order, must carry out 200 hours of unpaid work, and was landed with a £60 victim surcharge after previously admitting assault.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian bride wins wedding dress battle after death of fiance (10 comments)
- Grey squirrel cull plan in Cumbria (2 comments)
- Drop in pupils offered first choice secondary places in Cumbria (4 comments)
- Barriers going up to keep travellers off Carlisle park (1 comment)
- Carlisle bucks national shopping trend (7 comments)
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (73 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (5 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (31 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|