Victim beaten unconscious in early hours Carlisle street attack
Last updated at 12:17, Thursday, 31 May 2012
A man remains in hospital after being attacked and left unconscious in the street.
It happened in Carlisle’s Lowther Street, near Concrete and Club 35, during the early hours of Wednesday.
Police said two men left Concrete nightspot between 3am and 3.10am and launched their attack on another man.
He fell to the ground but they continued to assault him. He was left unconscious.
The two men then fled towards Lonsdale Street.
They are described as white, slim, about 5 ft 10 in tall and in their early 20s. One was wearing beige trousers and checked top. The other was wearing a white top.
Police are appealing for anyone who was leaving the night club at the time of the attack to call 101.
First published at 11:27, Thursday, 31 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (22 comments)
- Cumbria police to use drones to help tackle crime (21 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (118 comments)
- Widow's anguish as thieves target Pc Bill Barker's grave (7 comments)
- Farmfoods given consent for supermarket at Carlisle's Shaddongate (31 comments)
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (19 comments)
- Council hands out £3,000 in parking fines in one street in four months (44 comments)
- Cumbria Pride crisis as Carlisle LGBT centre to close (58 comments)