Vandal causes £10,000 damage to parked cars
Last updated at 11:27, Tuesday, 27 May 2014
Up to 30 vehicles were damaged and up to £10,000 of damage caused in a single street during a vandalism spree.
Police are hunting the culprit responsible for the crimewave in Thorny Road, Thornhill, Egremont.
It happened in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Police say they believe whoever was responsible for the attacks simply walked along the street scratching between 20 and 30 vehicles with a set of keys at random.
Officers do not yet have any suspects and are appealing for the public’s help in catching the vandals.
Anyone with information or who witnesses the attacks or saw anything suspicious is asked to call 101.
Details can also be passed on anonymously to Crimestoppers by calling 0800 555 111.
First published at 11:25, Tuesday, 27 May 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)