Two charged with robbery at Cumbrian village post office
Last updated at 10:57, Sunday, 01 July 2012
Two men have been charged with carrying out a terrifying armed robbery at a village post office near Carlisle.
Police began an investigation after raiders who were armed with a knife targeted the post office at Wetheral on Friday. The culprits escaped with an undisclosed quantity of cash.
The raid happened at around 3.10pm.
Officers later appealed for witnesses. A Cumbria Police spokesman said today: “As a result of police inquiries, two local men, aged 20 and 24, have been charged with robbery. Both will appear at Carlisle Magistrates' Court on Monday morning."
A spokeswoman at the store targeted said she could not praise police highly enough for their response.
First published at 21:31, Friday, 29 June 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Parking shake-up in historic area of Carlisle (9 comments)
- Speed limit lowered on Carlisle bypass 'rat runs' (9 comments)
- Lee Evans to perform gig in Cumbria (37 comments)
- Warning road closure could kill off trade in Cumbrian town (11 comments)
- Cumbria's 40,000 potholes will cost millions to repair (30 comments)
- Ex-Carlisle mayor boycotts Civic Centre 'party' in play park protest (20 comments)
- Northern Lights above Cumbria (5 comments)
- Equipment being ripped out of Carlisle play areas (52 comments)
- Main Carlisle road to close for work on new housing estate (42 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)