Three taken to hospital after Cumbrian house fire
Last updated at 17:50, Saturday, 10 March 2012
A woman and two young children have been taken to hospital after a house fire.
The blaze started in the living room of a house on Bolton Street, Workington, shortly before 4.30pm.
It is understood they are not seriously injured and that they have been taken to hospital as a precaution.
The woman had been upstairs with one of the children when she heard the other child, a one-year-old boy, screaming.
She ran downstairs to find a blaze had taken hold in her front room .
The woman ran to a neighbour's house who called the fire service.
Two fire engines attended and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus quickly brought the blaze under control.
First published at 17:38, Saturday, 10 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|