Three taken to hospital after Cumbrian house fire
Last updated at 17:50, Saturday, 10 March 2012
A woman and two young children have been taken to hospital after a house fire.
The blaze started in the living room of a house on Bolton Street, Workington, shortly before 4.30pm.
It is understood they are not seriously injured and that they have been taken to hospital as a precaution.
The woman had been upstairs with one of the children when she heard the other child, a one-year-old boy, screaming.
She ran downstairs to find a blaze had taken hold in her front room .
The woman ran to a neighbour's house who called the fire service.
Two fire engines attended and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus quickly brought the blaze under control.
First published at 17:38, Saturday, 10 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Dozens of operations cancelled at Carlisle hospital (25 comments)
- Huge potholes making Cumbrian residents' lives a misery (18 comments)
- Cumbria police must have redesign to survive (12 comments)
- Carlisle shop for sale with warning not to tell staff (21 comments)
- Wealthy peer funds Labour to help unseat Tories in Carlisle (46 comments)
- Cumbrian postcode with fewest burglaries revealed (7 comments)
- Dog suffers horrific injuries in attack on Carlisle street (23 comments)
- Cumbria crime panel backs council tax increase plan (15 comments)
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (14 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|