Three taken to hospital after Cumbrian house fire
Last updated at 17:50, Saturday, 10 March 2012
A woman and two young children have been taken to hospital after a house fire.
The blaze started in the living room of a house on Bolton Street, Workington, shortly before 4.30pm.
It is understood they are not seriously injured and that they have been taken to hospital as a precaution.
The woman had been upstairs with one of the children when she heard the other child, a one-year-old boy, screaming.
She ran downstairs to find a blaze had taken hold in her front room .
The woman ran to a neighbour's house who called the fire service.
Two fire engines attended and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus quickly brought the blaze under control.
First published at 17:38, Saturday, 10 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle pub closing for major revamp (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new HQ: How it could look (42 comments)
- Senior Cumbrian councillor’s warning over Rotherham abuse scandal (14 comments)
- Police ask for takeaway 'bouncers' to help curb late night disorder (16 comments)
- Three Cumbrian areas named in top 10 best places to live in England (30 comments)
- Derelict former hotel in Carlisle has no owner (43 comments)
- Carlisle council gives go-ahead to city airport overhaul (124 comments)
- Lovell gets go-ahead to build 217 new homes in west Cumbria (14 comments)
- Cumbrian man tells why he has right to be forgotten on Google (16 comments)
- 64 jobs at risk as factory bosses warn of possible closure (15 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (10 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (1 comment)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|