Three on Cumberland Building Society robbery charge
Last updated at 09:14, Tuesday, 22 April 2014
Three people have appeared in court following an alleged robbery at a building society.
Kevin Docherty, Tanya Miller and Barry Doswell appeared before magistrates in Carlisle.
Miller, aged 30, and 25-year-old Doswell, who both live on the city’s Harraby estate in Eldon Drive, each face a charge of robbery following an alleged incident at the Cumberland Building Society in Silloth on Thursday.
Docherty, 34, of no fixed abode, has also been charged with robbery and faces a further allegation of being in possession of an offensive weapon in a public place.
The three have been remanded in custody and are due to reappear in court on May 6.
First published at 09:12, Tuesday, 22 April 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (5 comments)
- Cheapest fuel prices in Cumbria revealed (5 comments)
- Carlisle bouncers could get body-mounted cameras (10 comments)
- United Utilities outlines reasons for seven-mile Lake District fence (4 comments)
- NMP to be stripped of Sellafield contract - claims (23 comments)
- Carlisle Utd co-owner: fans threatened me with violence (11 comments)
- Tesco drops plans to build new superstore in Carlisle (37 comments)
- Crime less than fifth of all calls to Cumbria police (1 comment)
- New Ofsted report heaps more praise on Cumbrian school (13 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Fans petition Carlisle Utd owners to sell club (109 comments)
- Dog fouling crackdown gets under way in Carlisle (72 comments)
- MD Nixon: Last week was my blackest time at Carlisle Utd (45 comments)
- Labour’s all-female shortlist for Workington is boost for women - claim (42 comments)
- Grieving man’s call to ban dogs from Carlisle Cemetery (47 comments)