Three in court in connection with building society armed robbery
Published at 14:46, Monday, 30 June 2014
Three people have appeared at Carlisle Crown Court in connection with an armed robbery at a building society office in Silloth.
They were all arrested after a raid in which staff at the Cumberland Building Society on Station Road, Silloth, were allegedly threatened with a knife early in the afternoon of Thursday, April 17.
In court today, Tanya Miller, 30 and Barry Doswell, 25, both of Eldon Drive, Harraby, Carlisle, pleaded not guilty to robbery and stealing £2,970 in cash.
Doswell was remanded in custody but Miller, who is pregnant, was allowed bail on condition that she stays out of Silloth and does not contact any of the prosecution witnesses.
They will go on trial over three days, starting on October 15.
In the dock with them was 34-year-old Kevin Docherty, of no fixed address, who at an earlier hearing had already pleaded guilty to charges of robbery and possession of an offensive weapon.
He was remanded in custody and will be sentenced at the conclusion of the trial of the two others.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle pub closing for major revamp (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new HQ: How it could look (42 comments)
- Senior Cumbrian councillor’s warning over Rotherham abuse scandal (14 comments)
- Police ask for takeaway 'bouncers' to help curb late night disorder (16 comments)
- Three Cumbrian areas named in top 10 best places to live in England (30 comments)
- Derelict former hotel in Carlisle has no owner (43 comments)
- Carlisle council gives go-ahead to city airport overhaul (124 comments)
- Lovell gets go-ahead to build 217 new homes in west Cumbria (14 comments)
- Cumbrian man tells why he has right to be forgotten on Google (16 comments)
- 64 jobs at risk as factory bosses warn of possible closure (15 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (10 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (1 comment)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|