Three deny murdering man outside his Carlisle home
Published at 16:28, Monday, 18 February 2013
Six people have appeared in court in connection with the death of a Polish factory worker in Carlisle.
At the city's crown court this afternoon, Piotr Zygner, 30, Paulina Mucha, 26, and Sylwester Kawalec, all of Currock Road, Carlisle, pleaded not guilty to murdering Piotr Kulinski, 32, outside his home in Harraby.
Zygner and Kawalec also pleaded not guilty to conspiring to pervert the course of justice.
Two others - Artur Skoczen, 30, of Ashman Close, Denton Holme, Carlisle and Artur Woszczyna, 44, of Beverley Rise, Harraby, Carlisle - also denied conspiring to pervert the course of justice.
Adam Karpuk, 23, of Warwick Road, Carlisle, admitted conspiring to pervert the course of justice. He will be sentenced at the conclusion of the trial.
The remaining five defendants were remanded in custody until the trial on April 8.
The case was heard in front of Judge Paul Batty QC.
A translator was in court relaying the discussions to the defendants.
Mr Kulinski died on October 14 last year. Police and ambulances were called to a cul-de-sac off Arnside Road following reports that a man had been stabbed.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)