Thieves steal £150 of ice cream from Cumbrian garden centre
Last updated at 14:08, Monday, 28 May 2012
Hot thieves made off with a lot of lollies after breaking into a Brampton garden centre.
The burglars escaped with £150 of ice creams after targeting Tarn Road Nurseries.
Owner John Treeby came into work at the weekend to find a pile of glass on the floor after they smashed a window and forced their way in.
He discovered that a freezer had been opened and a display case containing Magnum ice creams was gone, along with a full box of similar treats.
“It could have been to do with the hot weather,”he said. “It was quite warm that night, around 15 degrees, so they have to live locally – they wouldn’t exactly be taking them back to Newcastle!
“They were probably just opportunists looking to make a bit of money.”
Anyone who witnessed anything unusual or has any information is urged to call Cumbria police on 101.
First published at 11:26, Monday, 28 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)