Teenagers attacked on cyclepath
Last updated at 09:45, Sunday, 29 June 2014
Two youths have been assaulted on a popular west Cumbrian cyclepath.
Police are investigating the incident on the cycle path between Distington and Workington.
The victims, aged 17 and 19, were approached by two other males on push bikes before being assaulted, according to reports.
Officers say the incident happened at 7.45pm on Friday.
One suspect is described as having tattoos on both arms, wearing a dark coloured top and has a target of some sort on his ankle.
The suspects were last seen riding on their bicycles towards the Distington area at around 8pm.
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC 2230 Taylor on 101 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
First published at 09:17, Sunday, 29 June 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (22 comments)
- Cumbria police to use drones to help tackle crime (21 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (118 comments)
- Widow's anguish as thieves target Pc Bill Barker's grave (7 comments)
- Farmfoods given consent for supermarket at Carlisle's Shaddongate (31 comments)
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (19 comments)
- Council hands out £3,000 in parking fines in one street in four months (44 comments)
- Cumbria Pride crisis as Carlisle LGBT centre to close (58 comments)