Teenager attacked in Workington
Last updated at 10:02, Sunday, 20 May 2012
A 14-year-old boy was left with a suspected broken nose after he was beaten up by a gang of thugs on Saturday night
The teenager was set upon in The Cloffocks car park, Workington.
Police say the boy was punched and kicked by a group of males before being chased through the town centre at about 6pm.
The thugs eventually caught him again at Bridge Street, near to the Curwen Arms, where they continuing beating him.
The boy required hospital treatment for his injuries, which included a suspected broken nose.
Despite the trauma, the victim was able to give officers detailed descriptions of his attackers.
One is described as a tall white man, about 20-years-old, wearing a royal blue Adidas top with a yellow badge. He was also wearing dark tracksuit bottoms.
The second suspect is described as being about 17-years-old, 5ft 4in tall, with a “tanned complexion”. He was wearing a grey hooded top and jeans.
The third attacker is described as about 13 or 14-years-old, about 5ft 4in tall, also with a “tanned complexion” and wearing a grey hoodie.
The fourth suspect was about 17-years-old with long, wavy blond hair and was wearing red chinos and a grey hoodie.
Anyone who saw the attack, or who has any information about it, should call police on 101.
First published at 09:41, Sunday, 20 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (40 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|