Tattooists again set to make their mark in Carlisle
Published at 13:39, Wednesday, 09 April 2014
Tattooists from across the UK and abroad are poised to make their mark in Carlisle.
Flesh is set to be transformed by a range of colours and designs this weekend as crowds pack a city venue for the seventh annual celebration of body art.
Thousands have attended the North Lakes Tattoo Show in previous years and tickets are selling fast for this year’s event on Saturday and Sunday.
Artists come from across Europe and even the Far East to show their skills, with customers also travelling from throughout the UK.
About 60 tattooists are due to attend, with T-shirts and jewellery also on sale at The Shepherds’ Inn and Auctioneer at Rosehill.
In previous years the air has buzzed with the noise of electric needles inking art onto bodies, with customers lying on beds as artists go to work while others watch.
The event is organised by Mike Haslam and Colin Fell, of Mike’s Tattoos on London Road, Carlisle. Mr Haslam said: “We used to go all over, to Rome, Milan, Liechtenstein.
“We met so many people and good artists, we thought why don’t we bring something like this to Carlisle?
“It’s grown and grown and it keeps getting bigger and bigger. It’s now one that all the top artists want to work at.”
Mr Haslam said the event also boosts Carlisle’s economy, with artists booking rooms at hotels and bed & breakfast businesses.
“The artists often bring a partner and a helper,” he added. “We’ve got them coming from Holland, we’ve had them in the past from Thailand.
“The people at the event are coming from all over. We’ve had ticket sales from Nottingham, Southampton, Aberdeen and Glasgow.”
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)