Snow causing problems on M6 in Cumbria
Last updated at 11:48, Friday, 21 February 2014
Snow is making driving on the M6 motorway difficult this morning.
Conditions are reported to be hazardous at junction 39 Shap. Matrix signs between junction 37 at Kendal and junction 40 at Penrith have been set to 50mph due to high winds.
Police say there have been a number of minor accidents. A number of motorists were reported to have skidded on the slippery surface.
Drivers have been advised to drive to the conditions, not the speed limit. This includes allowing extra time and distance for braking and using the highest possible gear to avoid wheel spinning on ice or snow.
One lane has been closed southbound between junction 40 Penrith and junction 39 because of an accident.
First published at 07:19, Friday, 21 February 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Row over Tory MP hopeful's election banner in Carlisle (48 comments)
- Airport road delays could last up to 18 months (17 comments)
- Campaigners lose battle to save St Bees School (29 comments)
- Up to 60 jobs at risk as Cumbria university bids to save £6m (4 comments)
- Cost of Cumbrian hospital rebuild now almost £32m (5 comments)
- Carlisle billboard blunder 'funny' claims Labour candidate (59 comments)
- Carlisle girl banned from lessons until she changes hair colour (197 comments)
- Bus firm Stagecoach increasing fares across Cumbria (44 comments)
- Group closer to buying Lake District mountain (8 comments)
Court & crime
- Like or lump nuclear dump (10 comments)
- Man of letters stands by his friends in need
- Laying charges at hospital doors (7 comments)
- Looks like Yorkshire made a mi-steak with Jeremy Clarkson (9 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|