Shadows legend lookalikes top bill at Aspatria carnival
Last updated at 14:31, Monday, 16 June 2014
Cliff Richard and Hank Marvin topped the bill at a colourful carnival.
The music legends were recreated and honoured with star billing in Aspatria.
Warm sunshine beat down on the town for its carnival on Saturday.
And the community turned out in force to support the annual event, cheering some impressive creations along their way,
While reference to the World Cup was largely absent, there was a nod to the rugby Test series between the All Blacks and England.
Children from the Aspatria Rugby Club performed the New Zealand haka and songs to stir England to victory.
“We’re All Hank Marvin,” a float created by a group of friends, had around a dozen or more Hank Marvin look-a-likes while a Cliff Richard, who looked more like spy spoof movie character Austin Powers, sang.
The parade was led this year by local police community support officer Peter Crome and his Wigton counterpart Kerry Harris. Behind them were the Aspatria Army Cadets, who were taking part for the first time
Fly Spyatri Virgins airline boasted three air hostesses and another eye-catching set of costumes was provided by Cinderella’s ‘ugly’ sisters.
There was cute too, with little and large minions from Despicable Me dancing.
Music was provided by drum, samba and jazz bands.
The gala day ended with entertainment at the rugby club, including live music, a fun fair, food and other entertainment.
First published at 14:28, Monday, 16 June 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)