Seriously injured man stabbed several times outside rugby club
Last updated at 11:47, Monday, 20 January 2014
A man was in a “serious” condition after being stabbed in Silloth.
The incident happened outside Silloth Rugby Club’s clubhouse early yesterday.
Detectives said the 18-year-old victim was in his vehicle in the car park when he was attacked and stabbed “several times” in the arm.
It is understood that the clubhouse, in Eden Street, was being used for a private party.
A police spokeswoman described him as being “walking wounded” and said that while his injuries were “serious” they were not life-threatening.
In an unrelated incident a 31-year-old doorman working at the party had his nose broken.
The spokeswoman confirmed that arrests had been made following both incidents.
Jack Todd, 19, of Silloth, was charged in connection with the stabbing. He is expected to appear in court today.
Ben Rowell, 20, also of Silloth, was charged with assault by beating and is due to appear in West Allerdale Magistrates Court on February 4.
First published at 11:44, Monday, 20 January 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|