Seriously injured man stabbed several times outside rugby club
Last updated at 11:47, Monday, 20 January 2014
A man was in a “serious” condition after being stabbed in Silloth.
The incident happened outside Silloth Rugby Club’s clubhouse early yesterday.
Detectives said the 18-year-old victim was in his vehicle in the car park when he was attacked and stabbed “several times” in the arm.
It is understood that the clubhouse, in Eden Street, was being used for a private party.
A police spokeswoman described him as being “walking wounded” and said that while his injuries were “serious” they were not life-threatening.
In an unrelated incident a 31-year-old doorman working at the party had his nose broken.
The spokeswoman confirmed that arrests had been made following both incidents.
Jack Todd, 19, of Silloth, was charged in connection with the stabbing. He is expected to appear in court today.
Ben Rowell, 20, also of Silloth, was charged with assault by beating and is due to appear in West Allerdale Magistrates Court on February 4.
First published at 11:44, Monday, 20 January 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)