Roads reopened following Carlisle garage fire
Last updated at 12:17, Saturday, 05 April 2014
Roads have reopened at a north Cumbrian industrial estate after being closed over fire fears this morning.
Road closures at Kingstown Industrial Estate, in Carlisle, have been removed after Cumbria Fire and Rescue assessed the situation following a fire in the area.
A blaze occurred at the Lloyds BMW garage earlier this morning and the area was evacuated and road closed due to potential flammable materials in the area.
The situation has been assessed by Cumbria Fire and Rescue and there is no risk to the public.
People can now return and the area has been reopened to motorists and the public.
Police thanked everyone for their cooperation.
First published at 11:05, Saturday, 05 April 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)