Residents warned after burglaries in north Carlisle
Published at 09:45, Wednesday, 18 September 2013
Police are warning householders to be vigilant after a spate of burglaries at homes in north Carlisle.
Detectives are investigating raids in the Lowry Hill and Stanwix areas in recent days.
The first happened during daylight hours on September 14 in Esk Road, Lowry Hill.
Police are also investigating two burglaries on Knowefield Avenue and Beech Grove, Stanwix, which happened overnight on September 15 and 16. Cash was taken from one of the houses.
Carlisle city east neighbourhood policing team sergeant Gill Cherry, responsible for north of the river, said: “We are appealing for anyone who may have seen anybody acting suspiciously in the Stanwix or Lowry Hill areas in the last couple of days to get in touch with officers using the Cumbria police non-emergency number 101.
“Officers have been patrolling the areas and have been speaking to householders and offering advice regarding security.
“I’d like to remind people to keep all doors and windows locked even when inside the property to prevent the possibility of sneak-in offences.
“Please have a look around your gardens and secure away any items which may assist would-be offenders in gaining access to your dwellings. If you do see anyone or anything suspicious then please do not hesitate to contact the police.”
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)