Police vehicle crashes on way to emergency call - woman seriously hurt
Last updated at 10:51, Tuesday, 22 July 2014
A woman suffered serious injuries after the car she was driving was involved in a crash with a police vehicle on an emergency call.
An investigation is underway into the collision, which resulted in the 28-year-old being taken to the Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle.
The driver of the police vehicle, a man, 28, was taken to the West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven with minor injuries,
The woman was today in a stable condition.
It happened between Outrigg, St Bees and Grove Road, Egremont, at about 6pm last night.
A police spokesman said: "The collision involved a Cumbria police vehicle, responding to an emergency and a black VW Golf.
"Officers from the collision investigation unit attended the scene, and are investigating the full circumstances surrounding the collision."
The incident has been referred to the force's internal investigation department and the Independent Police Complaints Commission.
Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward.
First published at 09:58, Tuesday, 22 July 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)