Police identify people in Carlisle attempted robbery CCTV image
Last updated at 12:09, Tuesday, 07 January 2014
Two women have been released without charge after police identified them from CCTV images following an attempted robbery.
Police yesterday released a CCTV image of three people they wished to speak to in connection with an attempted robbery last month.
The people in the images were subsequently identified and two of them later arrested. Both women have now been released with no further action.
A 20-year-old woman was attacked in an alley between London Road and Lingmoor Way in Carlisle at about 8.30pm on December 13.
The victim, from the city, was unhurt and no property was taken.
Cumbria police say that the investigation is ongoing.
First published at 14:25, Monday, 06 January 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (22 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (44 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (40 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (139 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years