Police name man found dead on Carlisle street
Last updated at 06:57, Saturday, 17 November 2012
Police have named a man who was found dead on a street in Carlisle.
Officers were sent to Pennine Way at about 5.30am after receiving a call about a sudden death.
They found Derek Collingwood Smith, aged 55, of New Harraby, Carlisle, on the pavement.
Paramedics were called but he had died.
There are no suspicious circumstances.
First published at 09:03, Friday, 16 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (22 comments)
- Cumbria police to use drones to help tackle crime (21 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (118 comments)
- Widow's anguish as thieves target Pc Bill Barker's grave (7 comments)
- Farmfoods given consent for supermarket at Carlisle's Shaddongate (31 comments)
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (19 comments)
- Council hands out £3,000 in parking fines in one street in four months (44 comments)
- Cumbria Pride crisis as Carlisle LGBT centre to close (58 comments)